Background

Friday, June 14, 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes!!!

Back when I was a young mom and just had my two little boys I was so much more organized and clean.  Now with the addition of my 2 sweet little ones and Channing running around, it is sooooo much harder to keep a clean house.  Awhile back I heard from my friend Cari about this little thing they were doing with stations in their home and a way to reward their children and teach them about money at the same time.  I thought it sounded interesting at the time but I just didn't have time to worry about doing that with my littles.  I recently happened upon a blog, www.jandaandco.blogspot.com and they had the same idea and incorporated Tokens.  Antonio and I sat down and decided that we too should go ahead and give it a try.  Our goal is to always have a somewhat clean home.  Each day I have my daily duties, which I found on pinterest, and each night my littles report to their stations before bed.  The stations are: living room, kitchen/dining room, and family room.  They are each assigned a station each week to take care of.  If they complete their station correctly the first time they receive a token.  There are many ways they can earn tokens and their are many ways they can lose tokens and they can spend their tokens on games, tv, computer time, certain snacks that we don't allow them time have regularly, etc.  The kids LOVE this idea and that we have implemented it in our home and although it has only been a week, I have seen an amazing change in Joseph and Michael.  Ande is still getting the hang of it and we pair him with one of the older kids for stations and Channing is trying to just save every token she gets and not spend them.  I am so happy we decided to do this and the effect it has already had on our children!!!

Mom's chores
 Token jars


Cleaning their stations




Token Policy, ways to earn, lose and spend their tokens, we hung it up so they can see it all the time!

No comments: